What Do I Do If I Damage My Dentures Peoria, AZ
If you have dentures, it is important to handle them with care so they can remain in as good a condition as possible. Still, it is wise to ask, "What do I do if I damage my dentures?" We can offer the information and tools necessary to address a problem if you have one. At Patel Dental Care can answer any questions you have regarding denture care. To schedule an appointment with our dental office, call (623) 773-9888. In the meantime, here is what you should know.
Where do I start?
If your dentures are damaged, visit our dental office so we can examine them and determine the best way to fix them. One thing you should keep in mind is that your dentures will need to be adjusted one or several times when you first receive them. Patients may call our family dentist office worried that they did something to cause their dentures to fit incorrectly, when in actuality, they only need to be adjusted so they can fit perfectly.
We are an emergency dentist, so if you did indeed damage them, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with our dental practice right away. You can do so by calling 623-773-9888.
Home Care Tips
You should never try to fix your dentures on your own since this can cause the damage to spread. However, there are certain things you can do at home before heading to the dentist, including:
- Gather anything that has broken off. We encourage you to gather any piece of your dentures that has broken off, including any of the wiring.
- Use dental wax. If the clasps have become slightly loose, they could be rubbing against your gums and irritating them. In this case, you may want to buy dental wax to place on the wire as a temporary barrier. Be sure to see a “dentist near me” who can treat you quickly.
- Take them out. Soak your dentures or place them in a case for transportation to our office. Do not continue wearing damaged dentures.
Warning: Do Not Do This If You Damage Your Dentures
Patel Dental Care warns patients to avoid doing the following, since this can permanently damage dentures and reduce the likelihood that they can be repaired.
- Do not buy a home repair kit. These can cause your dentures to break even further, and we have treated patients who have had to spend more money because of it.
- Do not use over-the-counter glues. Some of them are full of chemicals that can harm you. It is not worth the risk when you can visit our dentist office for help.
Check out what others are saying about our damaged denture support services on Yelp: What Do I Do If I Damage My Dentures in Peoria?
Alternatives to Dentures From a Cosmetic Dentist in Peoria, AZ
As a cosmetic dentistry office, we can provide you with alternatives to dentures if you are interested in a more permanent and convenient solution. This includes:
Dental crowns and dental bridges.
We can address partial tooth loss with dental crowns and dental bridges. In this case, the remaining teeth are prepared to create space for the dental crowns. Simultaneously, the crowns, gum base, and new teeth (bridge) are created in the dental lab. You will then come in for the crowns to be secured to the teeth adjacent to the missing ones. These crowns will serve as anchors to hold the bridge in place. In this way, your new teeth will be secure enough to enjoy your favorite foods, speak with confidence, and smile without being concerned about how your teeth may appear. You can care for your dental crowns and dental bridges like you would your natural teeth, and they should remain in place for years.
If you want a solution that replaces your teeth without requiring support from your remaining ones, dental implants are a better solution. In this procedure, a titanium post will be implanted under the gums and secured to the jawbone. Over the course of several months, the post and bone will fuse together through the process of osseointegration. This creates a durable root system for your new tooth to be attached to. Dental implants look, behave, feel, and function exactly like natural teeth. You can eat what you like, be active, and enjoy life without ever worrying about your replacement tooth or teeth. As a general dentist, we regularly hear rave reviews from our patients who have switched from dentures to implants.
Life with dental bridges and dental implants can be far more convenient than it is when wearing dentures. Dentures need to be removed every night for cleaning and soaking. This can be inconvenient and even embarrassing. Simultaneously, dentures can become loose when eating or speaking, which can be worrisome when going out to eat or attending a public event. None of these problems exist when you replace teeth with a fixed solution.
We can discuss all your options for teeth replacement and also improve the appearance of any remaining teeth. By offering solutions like teeth whitening and dental veneers, our family dentist office will do everything possible to enhance your smile while restoring your missing teeth.
Solving Problems With Dentures
If your dentures need to be repaired, call (623) 773-9888 and schedule an appointment with our dental center right away. We can adjust them so the fit is improved, have damage corrected at the dental lab, and make sure your dentures fit as well as they possibly can. Since we are an emergency dentist office, we can schedule your appointment for the same day in many cases. If, however, you are tired of life with dentures, we are a cosmetic dentistry office and can provide you with alternatives that make it easier to enjoy life without thinking about your teeth.
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. What do I do if I damage my dentures?
Q. What can I do when I only loose a few of my teeth?
Q. Are dental implants right for me?
People Also Ask
Q. Can I fix my dentures on my own?
Q. What do I need to know about making adjustments to my dentures?
Definition of Denture Terminology
- Alveolar Bone
- The alveolar bone is the bone surrounding the root of the tooth that keeps the tooth in place.
- A clasp is a device that holds a removable partial denture prosthesis to the teeth.
- Denture Base
- The denture base is the part of the denture that connects the artificial teeth with the soft tissue of the gums.
- Edentulous is a term that applies to people who do not have any teeth.
- Periodontal Disease
- Periodontal disease is a condition that causes inflammation of the gingival tissues and membrane of the teeth, leading to tooth loss without professional treatment.
- Pontic is another term for an artificial tooth on a fixed partial denture.
- Rebase is the process of refitting denture prosthesis by replacing the base material.
- Reline is when a professional resurfaces the surface of the prosthesis with a new base material.
- Resin and Acrylic are resinous materials that can be components in a denture base.
- Stomatitis is the inflammation of the tissue that is underlying a denture that does not fit properly. It can also result from other oral health factors.
Back to top of What Do I Do If I Damage My Dentures
Tips For Getting Used To Dentures
Getting new dentures can cause some discomfort when first using them. If it feels awkward at first, then learning how to adapt to dentures can be necessary. The great thing is that you can still have a smile makeover without giving up comfort.Initially, it is normal for dentures to feel strange. You would probably feel…
When To See An Emergency Dentist
An emergency dentist can fix you right up when dental emergencies occur. Serious injuries to the mouth clearly require emergency treatments, but other seemingly less serious dental problems might leave you wondering if you need an emergency dentist.This article will explore some common injuries that need immediate dental treatment:One of the most common reasons why…
What To Expect During Smile Makeover Treatment
A smile makeover, also known as a full-mouth restoration, is a combination of cosmetic dentistry and restorative dental procedures. It repairs and improves the appearance of the teeth, allowing the patient to smile more confidently.Before getting a smile makeover, the patient should consult with the dentist to discuss any concerns about their teeth and the…
How Can Cosmetic Dentistry Services Boost Confidence?
Cosmetic dentistry plays a considerable role when it comes to how people feel about themselves. It can instantly transform the appearance of a person's smile, giving them a much-needed confidence boost. It is impossible to overstate the role that your teeth play when it comes to your appearance. It is one of the things people…